Welcome to Kamp Kodiak 2013
Camping Date: August 15–19, 2013
Registration opens June 1, 2013, closes on August 7 (or when full)
Camping Location: Miller River Campground.
This year’s theme: “Light My Fire”.
Kamp sites will be marked. Food, games, and activities will reflect the theme of basic camping. Kampers will be notified in advance of their kamp site number. More information will be forthcoming on the website.
- Continental Breakfast: pastry, fruit, coffee, juice will be offered on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings 8-10 am
- Friday Dinner Hot dog/hamburger burger picnic 6 pm
- Saturday Potluck 6 pm
- Sunday Leftovers Potluck 5 pm
- Showers Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings 9-11.
- Friday night movie 8pm.
- Potluck contest, winners for Main Dish, Side Dish, and Dessert.
- Kampers are encouraged to organize their own activities during Kamp Kodiak. If you would like to organize an activity please call Stan or Walt. Permits are needed to park at trailheads and can be purchased at Skykomish Liquor and Deli.
A few reminders about Group Kamping:
- Kamp Kodiak is a Kamping weekend; not a visit to pampered spa or resort. There is no electricity or water on tap.
- No overnight generators. Too noisy. CPAP Machines can run on battery.
- There are approximately 18 Kamp sites of varying sizes. A couple can handle RVs; one is barely big enough for a pup tent; some have parking, several don’t. When requesting your Kamp site and planning what equipment to bring, don’t forget that other Kampers may be in your site with you. By e-mail, the committee will inform you of your Kamp site assignment and those who are sharing the site with you. You should make arrangements with your fellow Kampers in your site regarding available space and tent sizes.
- There are some rules for everyone’s comfort and safety. Find these rules at the end of this registration form where you will sign the release of liability.
Email questions: Kamp Kodiak
NOTE: The total site count shall be determined upon final confirmation of habitability by the committee. Snow conditions of the kampgrounds have prevented access thus far.